The class on Saturday, 2 July was on Mindfulness, Interoception and Resilience.
Interoception is the process that helps us recognise physical sensations and emotional feelings.
To learn more, search for interoception on Wikipedia for a clear and well-researched article.
Mindfulness meditation slowly introduces us to this interoceptive sense of the internal state of the body and over time, our interoception grows.
There is plenty of evidence that interoception is associated with high resilience and better mental and physical health outcomes.This particular mechanism to resilience from mindfulness, therefore, becomes easy to identify.
In this podcast, I explain how mindfulness meditation builds interception and I teach the two main interoceptive techniques.
In the talk:
- An explanation of interoception.
- How interoception is a way to be aware of and interpret our emotions.
- How our culture interferes with our awareness of our internal state.
- How mindfulness meditation reconnects us to our internal state.
- The benefits of connecting to our internal state.
- Mindfulness meditation increases interoception.
- Increased interoception builds our resilience.